This article covers the following topics:
To use daily QA devices, you must have the latest Equipment Hub installed. Instructions on how to install the Equipment Hub can be found here.
Standard Imaging QA Beam Checker Plus (QABC+) Configuration
In the software, the QABC+ will need to be set up from the “Manage - Measurement Devices” page.
- Navigate to the "Manage - Measurement Devices".
- Click the + Add Device button.
- Enter a description for the QABC+ in the Device Label field, for example: QABC+.
- Click the Active radio button.
- Optionally add a description in the "Device description" field.
- Optionally add the serial number for the QABC+ in the "Serial Number" field.
- Select QA BeamChecker Plus from the "Device Type" drop down menu.
- Enter the path to the QABC+ database in the "Database path" field.
- Enter the password for the QABC+ database in the "database password" field.
- Select the correct Equipment Hub service from "Equipment Hub" drop down menu.
- Click the Add Equipment button
- Navigate to the "Manage Schedule Configurations" page. Select the schedule that the QABC+ device will be used with and click the pencil icon button for that schedule.
- Under the "External Equipment Database" section, pick the correct Equipment Hub from the first drop down menu.
- Under the "External Equipment Database" section, pick the correct measurement device from the second drop down menu.
- Under the "Default Energies" section, select the checkbox for each energy used for the QA device and enter the correct energy in the associated text box. For energies with the same numerical value but different dose rates (e.g. SRS) this may have been setup as multiple rooms in your QABC database.
- Click the Save Machine QA Settings button.
Note that the output pressure units are initially set to match the site settings but QABC+ always uses mmHg. Once QABC+ is set as the device the units for the output tests will be updated to mmHg regardless of the site settings. The change to mmHg may require a page refresh or leaving the page and reopening it.