Data Uploading Instructions
This section provides step-by-step instructions on how to upload data to the Image Owl QCC site.
Please upload uncompressed DICOM images. Make sure the scan fully covers the phantom. Slice thickness should be no greater than 1.5mm.
Various protocols may or may not work. T1 weighted scans work well, T2 weighted scans typically do not work well. A library of protocols and their effectiveness is under development but incomplete. Users are welcome to experiment with different protocols. We will make every effort to accommodate different protocols but ones that yield low contrast, like most T2 weighted scans, may be unworkable.
There are several routes to the upload page, below is one example.
Reminder! After the DICOM images have been uploaded, don't forget you have to complete the procedure with two more steps, clicking on 'Continue' and 'Finish Upload'. Details follow.
- Navigate to Phantom scans from the left toolbar and click on the 'Upload phantom images' tab.
- Choose the post to upload data to from the drop-down list and click 'Select'.
- After selecting the post, use the Browse button to locate the folder containing the images to upload. Navigate to the folder containing the images, do not go to the level of the images themselves. It is best if the folder contains only DICOM images.
- Select folder
Remember to select the entire folder, not the individual images.
- Once the desired folder has been selected, click Choose or Open. The files in the folder selected in the previous step will appear in the upload window. If you accidentally choose the wrong folder or files, simply select Clear list and start again.
- If the correct files appear, click Upload to begin transferring data.
- Upload in progress.
Progress is followed as images are uploaded. The upload time will depend on the connection speed.
- After all files have been uploaded, click on Continue to check the status of the uploaded files.
- If the uploaded images cover a volume large enough to contain the phantom and are in correct sequence, green checkmarks will indicate 'Thickness' and 'Sequence' are okay. Click on Finish Upload to process the data.
- Processing takes a few minutes and the current status is displayed.
- Once the processing is complete the circle will turn green with a check mark. You can now view and plot the data.