Image Owl supports all CBCT tests suggested by Varian provided in their Installation Product Appectance guidelines, outlined below. Catphan® 504 and Catphan® 604 versions are automatically identified and analyzed.
Scanning ModesCBCT Scans
The following scan modes are used to demonstrate basic CBCT operation, functionality, and conformance.
- Standard Dose Head (full fan)
- Pelvis (half fan)
Position the phantom on the front edge of the couchtop, using the storage box as the holder.
Align the phantom as follows:
- VRT Axis: Wall lasers intersecting the side reflective dots on phantom
- LAT Axis: Overhead or Sagittal laser intersecting the top reflective dots on phantom
- LNG Axis: Middle of the Low Contrast module CTP515 aligned to wall vertical laser
Before continuing, rotate the gantry 360º around the Catphan® phantom to make sure there are no collision possibilities.
Scanning Test Method
|CBCT Mode||Standard Dose Head||Pelvis|
|New Patient ID||
Last Name: IPA
First Name: HEAD
Last Name: IPA
First Name: PELVIS
|Patient Orientation||Head First - Supine||Head First - Supine|
|Scan Diameter||24 cm (PA and LR axis)||30 x 30 cm (PA and LR axis)|
|Bow Tie Filter||Full Fan||Half Fan|
|Resolution||384 x 384||384 x 384|
|Slice Thickness||2.5 mm||2.5 mm|
|Topograms||Not required||Not required|
|Equipment/Tool||Catphan® phantom||Catphan® phantom|
- With the Clinac in CLINICAL mode, launch Treatment on the 4DITC and verify the PRO values (from the LVI) are displayed in the Treatment application.
- Open the test patient CATPHAN plan from the Treatment Queue, and mode up the CBCT setup field. Use DICOM RT mode and perform a Machine Override if the patient is not imported into the OIS and/or not available in the Treatment Queue.
- Close the OBI application and launch the CBCT application.
- Open a New Patient and enter a New Patient ID, using the ID names shown in the setup table for the applicable scan mode.
- Select Acquire new scan and follow the on-screen instructions to acquire the desired scan mode.
The full set of DICOM files from each scan mode can now be uploaded to Catphan® QA for analysis.