TotalQA® now supports Varian's Machine Performance Check (MPC). MPC is a Varian tool used to quickly verify the operation of TrueBeam and Halcyon linacs. The MPC is intended to be used with the Varian Isocal phantom.
The following beam check tests are provided:
• Beam output constancy check
• Beam profile constancy check
• Beam center shift
Additionally the following geometry tests are provided:
• Treatment isocenter size/location
• Coincidence between treatment isocenter and MV & kV imaging isocenters
• Collimator rotation Offset
• Gantry positioning accuracy
• Couch position accuracy up to 6 Degrees of Freedom
• MLC leaf position for inner leaves
• Jaws position accuracy
Varian recommends that use of MPC should be in addition to the existing QA checks rather than a replacement.
For more information, please see the Varian Machine Performance Check (MPC) Import article.
Please sign in to leave a comment.