TotalQA® is a cloud-based software tool that allows users to enter, store, and analyze data accumulated in the clinical radiation oncology setting from quality assurance processes. The video below offers a general overview.
Managing Your TotalQA Account Settings
The first activity that needs to be performed when setting up a TotalQA account is to organize your facility, equipment, and users and determine how you want to perform your QA. This configuration requires a user account with Owner or Physicist Administrator privileges.
After logging into to your TotalQA account click on the Manage link on the main toolbar.
The ‘Manage your QA’ page will appear with a list of available settings categories that can be configured. The order of the categories is the suggested order to proceed when first setting up your facility’s account.
The categories that can be configured are:
- Sites and Machines: The site management page allows you to request new sites for your account. Existing site information may be edited from this page. If you are a small clinic you may only have one site. However, larger establishments may have multiple sites and/or satellites that need to be managed. Once the clinical sites are established, the machines at that site can be connected. These include LINACs, CT simulators, and HDR units. The Manage Machine page allows you to request new machines for your account. Existing machine information may be edited from this page.
- Users: In this section, you will create and manage the Users who will be completing, documenting and overseeing your QA processes. This will also establish administrative rights edit and update QA templates, tolerances and baselines, equipment and calibration factors, and the techniques used for QA tests in the QA settings section.
- Measurement Devices: Add the devices you use for completing clinical QA.
- Energies: Add descriptions of energies and dose rates used clinically throughout your site(s).
- Conversion Factors: Configure calibration and conversion factors for measurement devices.
- Radioactive Sources: Configure and manage radioactive sources for HDR.
- Templates: QA templates organize the specific tests and their frequencies at the machines throughout the site(s). You can use or modify pre-existing templates for TG142 or create custom templates to match your needs.
- Custom Tests: Here you can extend the tests built into TotalQA with your own custom tests.
- Schedule Configurations: This section allows for management of when and how often a QA template will be used. Many of the parameters associated with the scheduled tests can be preset to minimize data entry when performing tests. You can associate automated daily QA devices with your scheduled QA. You will also assign the templates to each machine. You will also setup the baselines from which to measure deviations and the tolerances that will trigger alerts for your tests
- Machine Log: This section allows the setup of vendors and individual room equipment for use in tracking machine incidents, alerting vendors, and managing downtime.
Further information on setting up your institution's QA system can be found in the Getting Started Guide
User Account Settings
You can adjust your user account settings by clicking on your name in the lower left of the screen.