Imaging QA Interface
When imaging QA tests are added to templates an upload control will appear in the scheduled QA's data entry screen allowing the user to upload images for automated analysis.
To add files to the upload queue simply drag them from a Windows Explorer folder to the drag and drop folder and release them. Alternatively, by clicking on the Add Files button to the lower right of the control a windows file selection dialog will open and files can be selected for upload. Under either method, multiple files may be selected for upload at once.
If the automatically upload checkbox is checked(the default) then file uploading will start immediately as files are added
If the automatically upload button is turned to off the file upload process must be started manually clicking the Start upload button on the lower right of the control. To clear the upload queue click the Clear button.
Once file series have been uploaded they will be displayed below the upload control. To remove a series from the queue click the Cancel button beside the series. To start processing click the Start Processing button. A description for the image series can be added at this point. Click the Edit button next to the series. Type a description for the series into the text box that appears below Description and either click Save or press the enter key. The description can also be edited after the images have been processed. Descriptions will appear in the report with the analysis of the series.
Description being edited:
While files are being processed users may perform other tasks such as data entry.
Previewing Image Processing Results
Once processing has started the status will progress from initial, queued, processing to finished.
After processing has been completed a description for the image series can be added or edited. Click the Edit button next to the series. Type a description for the series into the text box that appears below Description and either click Save or press the enter key.
If an error has occurred an error message will be displayed.
Different error messages will be displayed for different conditions:
- If an error occurs during processing then an error message directing you to look at the current report will be displayed. Note this may simply be a warning about the image set uploaded.
- If the processing engine recognizes the image set but the appropriate tests are not included in the template you will be notified. Simply go to the Manage Service > QA Templates and add the appropriate tests to the template.
- If an empty report occurs you will be directed to contact customer support.
Clicking the View Current Report button will display the report so that you can preview the image processing reports. Note this preview does not allow you to finalize or sign off on the report. If you decide that you do not want to use the image processing results for your report you can close the report preview and delete the image series by clicking the red X next to the series. You may then upload a replacement image set.
When the files have been processed the results will be visible in the report accessible from the Review QA screen.
Automatic Recognition and Naming Conventions
Many types of images can be automatically recognized by the Total QA system and do not require the user to identify or use naming conventions for the files. For certain analyses (typically newer ones ) naming conventions on the files may be required until Image Owl has a sufficient database of images has been accumulated to allow automated recognition.
Analyses Requiring Naming Conventions
The following analyses require file naming conventions.
- Asymmetric Field: Must have asym somewhere in the file name.
- Flatness/Symmetry from EPID: Must have flat somewhere in file name.
- MLC Transmission and Dosimetric Leaf Gap Anaysis: Must have mlctrans somewhere in the file name.
- Partial Elekta 503 Uploads: For partial Elekta 503 uploads (typically scans done with S10 collimator) see Catphan®QA Elekta CAT Scanning Protocols
- Planar kV with Leeds TOR-18 Phantom: Add leeds somewhwere in the file name.
- Planar MV using MV-QA Phantom: Add sncmv somewhere in the file name.
- Starshot (Couch, gantry or table): Must have starshot somehwere in the file name. TIFF files being uploaded with starshot in the name are assumed to be gantry starshot images.
- VMAT Test 2 and 3: Add vmat2 and vmat3, respectively, somewhere as part of the file names.
Analyses with Optional Naming Conventions
In some cases, it may be necessary to assist the automatic image recognition with manual naming conventions. If your images are not recognized automatically for the following types please try these naming conventions
- Picket Fence Tests: Add picketfence somewhwere in the file name. Also when using an HD MLC, add hd somewhere in the file name in addition to picketfence.
- Planar kV with SI QC-kV Phantom: Add qckv somewhere in the file name.
- Planar MV using QC-3 Phantom: Add qcmv somewhere in the file name.
- Radiation/Lightfield using FC-2 Phantom: Add radlight somewhere in the file name.
- Winston-Lutz Test: Add winstonlutz somewhere in the file name.
Template Tests for Image Analysis
The following table shows the tests to select in the template builder corresponding to the supported analyses.
|Asymmetric Field||FC-2||Monthly Linac QA [TG-142 Table II]||Mechanical||Jaw position indicators (Asymmetric from EPID Images)|
|CBCT Detail||Catphan 504/604||Detailed CBCT Results||CBCT/CT (Detailed Catphan QA)||Select measurements as needed from list|
|CBCT Elekta 503||Catphan 503||Detailed CBCT Results||ELEKTA CAT (CBCT and kV planar)||The tests in this section correspond to the Elekta CAT tests|
|CBCT Summary||Catphan 504/604||Monthly Imaging QA [TG142 Table VI]||Cone Beam CT||Results corresponding to TG142 Monthly Guidelines|
|Flatness/Symmetry from EPID||None||Monthly Linac QA [TG-142 Table II]||Mechanical||Flatness and Symmetry Tests|
SN Profiler Import
|Profiler PDF Import|
|Profiler PRM File Import||Select tests as needed from list|
|Light/ radiation Field Coincidence||FC-2||Monthly Linac QA [TG-142 Table II]||Mechanical||Select: Light/radiation field coincidence and Jaw position indicators|
|Picket Fence Test||None||Monthly MLC QA [TG-142 Table V]||Monthly MLC Tests||Leaf position accuracy (IMRT), Picket position deviation summary, Max leaf position deviations, FWHM per leaf pair, FWHM of pickets summary, Max FWHM per leaf pair|
|Annual MLC QA [TG 142 Table V]||Multileaf collimation||Segmental IMRT or moving window IMRT|
|Monthly Imaging QA [TG142 Table VI]||
Planar kV Imaging (QC-kV)
Image tests are MTF, Spatial Resolution, Contrast and Uniformity and Noise
Planar kV Imaging
Planar kV Imaging (Leeds)
Image tests are 2D Spatial Resolution, 2D Low Contrast Visibility, MTF from line pair guages (2D), 2D Low Contrast Visibility plot, 2D Low Contrast Visibility data, Critical Frequencies (lm/mm 2D)
|Planar MV Imaging||QC-3||Monthly Imaging QA [TG142 Table VI]||Planar MV imaging (EPID)||Image tests are MTF, Spatial Resolution, Contrast and Uniformity and Noise|
|MV-QA||Planar MV Imaging (SNC MV)||Image tests are Normalized MTF Plot, MTF Critical Frequencies, MTF Plot Data, Contrast, Noise, and Uniformity, Position Offset from Center, and Center Pixel.|
|VMAT Test 2 and 3||None||Varian VMAT Tests||VMAT Test 2 and VMAT Test 3||Select measurements as needed from list|
|Winston Lutz Test||None||Annual Linac QA [TG-142 Table III]||Mechanical||Winston Lutz related tests are: Coincidence of radiation and mechanical isocenter, Coincidence of radiation and mechanical isocenter (image coordinates), Input images for Winston Lutz test|