Once a new brachytherapy device has been added to a site an initial source must be established. Navigate to the "Manage Radioacive Sources" page and click the Add Source button next to the new HDR device.
Next, enter the information for the source currently active in the brachytherapy device.
- Serial Number: Manufacturer's source serial number
- Radioisotope: Choose Ir-192 or Co-60. Note that for a particular device the radioisotope cannot be changed once established.
- Calibration Activity in Default Activity Units: Source activity from the manufacturer's calibration documents.
- Calibration Date: Click on the calendar icon and enter the calibration date and time in the popup dialog. Note that this is assumed to be in the time zone selected in the following drop down control.
- Timezone for Calibration Time: It is important that the time zone where the calibration date and time were recorded is selected as the decay calculations take into account the difference in time zones between the source calibration location and the time zone established for the account. To change the time zone for your account click on your name in the upper right of the screen.
- Upload Certification Document: Upload the manufacturer's certification document.
- Upload Optional Files: Upload any other relevant files for the source e.g. Engineer reports.
Click the Sign Off button and enter your user credentials.
Once the information has been signed off click the Link New Source to Machine button to complete the attachment.