Once a new GammaKnife device has been added to a site an initial source must be established. Navigate to the "Manage Radioacive Sources" page and click the Add Source button next to the new GammaKnife device.
Next, enter the information for the source currently active in the GammaKnife device.
- Serial Number: Manufacturer's source serial number
- Radioisotope: All GammaKnife sources will be Co-60.
- Calibration Activity in Gy/min: Source activity from the manufacturer's calibration documents.
- Calibration Date: Click on the calendar icon and enter the calibration date and time in the popup dialog. Note that this is assumed to be in the time zone selected in the following drop down control.
- Timezone for Calibration Time: It is important that the time zone where the calibration date and time were recorded is selected as the decay calculations take into account the difference in time zones between the source calibration location and the time zone established for the account. To change the time zone for your account click on your name in the upper right of the screen.
- Upload Certification Document: Upload the manufacturer's certification document.
- Upload Optional Files: Upload any other relevant files for the source e.g. Engineer reports.