This article covers the following topics:
To use daily QA devices, you must have the latest Equipment Hub installed. Instructions on how to install the Equipment Hub can be found here.
To connect to the Daily QA 3 database you must have a compatible Firebird server running. This is best accomplished by installing the Daily QA 3 software on the host where the Equipment Hub will be installed, as the Daily QA 3 software installation includes installation of a compatible Firebird server.
Sun Nuclear Daily QA 3 Configuration
Before performing this configuration ensure that the SN DQA3 database is installed and functioning correctly. In the software, the DQA3 will need to be set up from the “Manage - Measurement Devices” page.
- Navigate to the "Manage - Measurement Devices".
- Click the + Add Device button.
- Enter a description for the DQA3 in the Device Label field, for example: DQA3.
- Click the Active radio button.
- Optionally add a description in the "Device description" field.
- Optionally add the serial number for the DQA3 in the "Serial Number" field.
- Select Daily QA 3 from the "Device Type" drop down menu.
- Enter the user name for the DQA3 database in the "Database user" field. Typically, the user name is SYSDBA.
- Enter the password for the DQA3 database in the "Database password" field. Typically, the password is either masterkey or omnipotent.
- Enter the server URL for the DQA3 database in the "Server" field. Typically, the URL is localhost.
- Select 0 or 1 from the "Server type" drop down menu. Use 0 for a standard server and 1 for an embedded server.
- Select the correct Equipment Hub service from "Equipment Hub" drop down menu.
- Click the Add Device button
- Navigate to the "Manage Schedule Configurations" page. Select the schedule that the DQA3 device will be used with and click the pencil icon button for that schedule.
- Under the X-Ray and Electron output constancy sections, pick the correct Equipment Hub from the first drop down menu.
- Under the X-Ray and Electron output constancy sections, pick the correct measurement device from the second drop down menu.
- Under the "Default Energies" section, select the checkbox for each energy used for the QA device and enter the correct energy in the associated text box. For energies with the same numerical value but different dose rates (e.g. SRS) this may have been setup as multiple rooms in your DQA3 database.
- If not all fields will be imported, they can be deselected. Expand the sections at the bottom of the QA settings and deselect any unused fields as shown below:
- Click the Save Machine QA Settings button.
- The DQA3 does not capture measurements for X-energy for FFF energies. If you are not using any FFF energies the setup is now complete. If you are using an FFF energy, complete the following steps.
- Navigate to the "Manage Schedule Configurations" page. Select the schedule that the DQA3 device will be used with and click the QA Settings button for that schedule.
- Click the Manage tolerances button.
- If the FFF fields are not returning values and are coming in as all zeros, set the tolerances for X-energy and its associated values (X Field-size, X Shift, Y Field-size, Y Shift) as an absolute tolerance with a value of 0 as shown below: